English version

The Morand factory

Home > Logos & Estampilles index > Doc index > St Claude ... > The Morand factory
Back
Plan cadastral
1911
Lucien Morand resigns from the head office of La Bruyère.
1928
After having established S.A.R.L.(1) Lucien Morand et Cie he moves from 8 rue Voltaire (Saint Claude) and acquires the buildings at rue des Arrivoirs (Saint Claude)
Rue Saint Blaise à Saint Claude (France)
Postcard (about 1930-40) displaying the facades on River Bienne side at 12-14 rue des Arrivoirs (Saint Claude).
The skyway between house (left) and factory (right) is perfectly visible.
1940
Paul Morand, son of Lucien, inherits the house. He will produce the POL brand at this place until the middle of the 1960s.
Number of employees: 5 women at the factory and 4 persons at home.
Usine Morand à Saint Claude : façades avant
Front facades about 1992. Behind the buildings, River Bienne.
Usine Morand à Saint Claude : façades arrière
Facades on the river side about 1992.
(1) S.A.R.L Société à responsabilité limitée : Limited Liability Company (LLC)
Crédits : Région Franche-Comté, Inventaire du patrimoine |
| Site map | Contact | Mention Légale | © 2007-2016 pipephil |