English version

The Berrod Regad factory

Home > Logos & Markings index > Doc index > St Claude ... > The Berrod Regad...
Back
Cadastral map
1900
Lucien Regad builds a pipe factory at 2 ter rue du Plan du Moulin (Saint Claude). At that time his firm allready exports pipes in more than 50 countries.
1914
Death of Lucien Regad.
Number of employees: 24
Arthur Berrod joined the factory as an errand boy when he was 12 in 1868. When he was 15, Lucien Regad gave him the responsibility for the plant in his absence. In 1902 he married Thérèse Regad, daughter of Lucien.
Letterhead of Lucien Regad
1919
Arthur Berrod assumes control of the firm which has now the name Ets Berrod-Regad.
Berrod-Regad's letterhead
1943 - 1966
The buildings are enlarged three times.
1951
Death of Arthur Berrod.
Jean Berrod a son of Arthur manages the business.
The society buys the Butz-Choquin brand.
Berrod-Regad plant
Overall view of the Berrod-Regad plant (about 1980)
Berrod-Regad factory
Facade on the rue du Plan du Moulin

1969
Jean Berrod retires. His brother Claude manages the firm. Jean Paul, son of Claude enters the business as marketing director.
Acquisition of Roger Buffard Bontemps.
Number of employees: 69

1980
Number of employees: 170

Jacky Berrod († 1993)
Jacky Berrod

1988
The S.A. Berrod Regad(1) takes over Chapel.

1993
Jacky Berrod passing away. He was responsible for production of the Butz Choquin pipes.

Jean Paul Berrod
Jean Paul Berrod

2002
Jean Paul Berrod who managed the company until then retires and sells the company to Mr Fabien Gichon.

2006
Denis Blanc, allready owner of EWA, takes over the S.A. Berrod-Regad.

(1) S.A. (Société Anonyme) : Limited Company (UK) or Incorporated Company (US)
Crédits : Région Franche-Comté, Inventaire du patrimoine |
| Site map | Contact | Mention Légale | © 2007-2016 pipephil |